What We Believe
There is nothing YOU have to do.
There is nothing you HAVE to do.
There is nothing you have to DO.
Here is your life.
God has made you unique, and created a universe for you.
Here is the world.
Both wonderful and terrible things will happen in it.
Don't be afraid. God is with you.
Nothing can separate you from His Love.
His gift of grace is yours, just receive it with joy!
About God, we believe:
- that God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, yet He is one God.
- that God the Father is Creator and Protector of all things; He understands and cares.
- that God the Son is Jesus Christ who gave His life for you that you might be saved.
- that the spirit of God stirs people to believe in Him.
About Jesus, we believe:
- that Jesus Christ is both God and man.
- that Jesus lived a sinless human life and then offered Himself as a living sacrifice by dying on the cross.
- that Jesus rose from the dead to demonstrate His power over sin and death.
- that Jesus ascended into heaven and will return on the last day.
About The Bible, we believe:
- that the Bible is God's Word, His way of communicating with us.
- that the Bible calls us to belief in Jesus Christ.
- that the Bible is our sole source for teaching and our guide as we seek to live our lives in faith.
About Faith, we believe:
- that saving faith is created in people by God.
- that faith is active in love toward others.
- that faith has a built-in desire to share the good news about Jesus.
About people, we believe:
- that people are made in the image of God.
- that because people are sinful, they are separated from God.
- that because Jesus has paid the punishment for their sin, God judges sinners not guilty!
About "Being Good", we believe:
- that God has created us to honor and obey him.
- that doing good deeds toward God and toward others is the result of a changed heart.
- that the power to "be good" comes from God Himself through His Spirit.
About eternity, we believe:
- that people were created to exist forever.
- that people will either be in union with God through forgiveness or be separated from Him in hell.
- that only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God's offer of forgiveness, can people be saved from sin's punishment.
- that eternal life is a gift from God, not earned by self-improvement or good works.
About Baptism, we believe:
- that Baptism is commanded by God as the essential beginning of a life of faith.
- that it is the water with the Word of God that works forgiveness of sins and gives salvation to all who believe.
- that infants are baptized as a beginning of God's covenant (contract) with them.
About Holy Communion, we believe:
- that the bread and the wine of communion are the true Body and Blood of Jesus.
- that Christ's real presence is assurance of God's forgiveness of our sins.
About Confirmation, we believe:
- that instruction in our beliefs strengthens our faith.
- that public acknowledgment of our beliefs affirms God's gift of grace and our responsibility as adults in a community of believers.